Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Coin Magnets



Lately I've been trying to declutter my apartment, and throw away everything useless. While cleaning one day, I came across some foreign coins that I had saved from my travels. I was feeling a bit sad about throwing them away, even though they just sit in a jar and I hardly ever look at them. Then I realised - just like those pictures, these coins could be made into magnets as well!
These are made of Chinese coins and some self-adhesive magnetic sheet. On the left you can see what the back of the magnets looks like.
I think it's great the way something that I considered clutter became something pretty and useful. Now I'm reminded of my travels everyday! And have some free space in my closet.
It seems like you can make magnets out of almost anything that you have lying around....

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! After 20 years in retail, I've quite the collection of foreign coins that are just beautiful. Now I know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll keep an eye on your blog to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...